Sunday, January 22, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...



I've slowly been replacing items that were on the menu when I arrived with new items. I decided this week to change one of the "Fresh Baked" items on the menu from a Banana Cake to a Mascarpone Almond Cake with an Almond Cream Center.

If any of you know me well at all, you will know by now that I ADORE almond. It is one of those scents and flavors that just fills me with peace and joy. I always, always want to close my eyes and savor the aroma when it hits me. This cake is so moist to begin with, and then I put a tiny scoop of Almond Cream in the center and top it with a small amount of additional cake batter. The almond cream remains partially liquid, which give the already moist cake, that extra little oomph that makes you melt into your chair with the first bite.

Strawberries are also a favorite of mine. I was actually forbidden (jokingly, I think) to bring them with me to eat at work when I worked at a paint your own pottery studio, because I enjoyed them with a noisy enthusiasm that can only be compared to Meg Ryan's performance in When Harry Met Sally.



So I decided to pair this amazing Almond Cake with a sumptuous Strawberry Coulis and Rum Macerated Sliced Strawberries. This is served with Kona Coffee Ice Cream, which as many of you know, is another addiction of mine, and sliced/toasted almonds.

This is one of my all time favorite desserts, and it will be remaining on the menu for an extended period of time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment