Monday, June 18, 2012

Choices

I've had so many posts that I have started to create in my head, but haven't actually sat down to write them. I need to get back into the habit of writing weekly. Summer is here (YAY!) so we are working on getting into a new routine. I am adoring having more time with Harmony and as a family. I am realizing more every single day how everything else is just a means to spend time with the girls and Marc. Even doing what I love at work doesn't even come close to providing me with the peace and fulfillment that I feel when with my family.

Recently, I had to make a choice when it came to work and family. I was scheduled to work the day of Layla's FIRST ballet recital and there was "nothing that could be done." The decision was a split second one, and as a mama bear, there was no moving me. I had to be at her recital. I couldn't miss it. That was that. I didn't, in that moment, give a damn about who I made upset or and repercussions. Even now, I don't regret the stance I took even one iota. Her performance was amazing and there was nowhere, NOWHERE else I was willing to be that night. The look on her face up there was just so full of happiness. I couldn't stop beaming. There were hundreds of people there, and she wasn't afraid or nervous even one little bit! She shone on that stage, full of little girl confidence and pride. I soaked up every second. The whole situation, and three days off last week, made me realize how much I want every second possible with these girls. It made me miss being a stay at home mommy. We went to the beach two days in a row and stayed until we were exhausted from the sand, sun, and surf. It was amazing. I felt so alive and happy. I love that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment