Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Latest Creations...

I haven't posted a food entry in awhile so let's give you a quick rundown of my latest works of food art...

We have added a Butterscotch Creme Brulee served with Homemade Peanut Caramel Popcorn. Mark Anders, the East Coast/Florida Joint Venture Partner of Roy's, loved it so much that he told Adam that it should be on every Roy's menu. Future Prix Fixe item, perhaps?

I've decided to make small steps towards Keepsake Cakes and Pastries, and right now I am making items and putting them on my Facebook site for auction to family and friends. This is giving me extra practice to try new techniques and get better at ones I have done before without added pressure. My first auction was for Devil's Food Cupcakes with a Peanut Butter Frosting, garnished with Godiva Salted Caramel Chocolate
I also made a 4" cake of the same flavors, but I added a square of fondant on the top and hand painted it. I love this technique and look forward to using it more.
I also made this cake for a bash we went to on the 4th of July. I covered it in marbled blue fondant, white royal icing dots, and white fondant stars. I topped it with my Signature Sugar Cookies baked into cookie pops and decorated with royal icing.
Here is the inside of the cake-It was a Vanilla Cake, Raspberry Syrup and Jam, Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ganache, Peanut Butter Frosting, with a layer of White Chocolate Buttercream in the very middle and covered on the outside with the same.
A friend had a baby shower recently and I made a diaper cake for her gift. The baby's room is going to be in an animal/jungle theme, so that's what I went with for the theme of the cake. Is a pastry chef creating a diaper cake too cutesy?
Now that I'm purposely baking once a week (at least!), there should be more food posts!

1 comment: